Thursday, February 17, 2011

Messenger Bag

Many, many months ago, I was asked to make a crochet messenger bag and I didn't get started on it until either late January/early February. It's still not completely finished...all of the crochet aspects are completed but I have some sewing to do. I could actually sew the liner on by hand, but I don't want to do that. Call me lazy. I don't even like sewing the labels on so this is why our new labels are iron on. For the record, I also hate adding fringe, but since the masses like them, I have to appease our audience.

 -->On a side note; This woman was coming down the stairs, tripped a little, made this amazing "oh!' face, and then I looked away. LOL.

I am, I suppose, taking a scarf hiatus so I just started working on a new messenger bag. I absolutely love the colors. The first messenger bag and the subsequent one was made/is being made with scrap yarn from previous projects. Quite bad-ass, if I may say(had to get LaTasha's permission to say bad-ass; don't want to offend). I told LaTasha, I just might keep this messenger bag, b/c it's going to be the cutest thing. After I sent her pictures of the beginning of it she said, " fugly" and then after a second picture of just the colors being used, she said, " fuglier".

Last weekend, I gave my cousin a scarf because when I had gone out with my Mom and my Grandmother to go shopping on Sunday, we didn't return with anything for her and she whined for a while, so to shut her up, I asked if she wanted a scarf and she quickly quieted down. She's 22, by the way.

No comments: